Thursday, March 15, 2012

Little Ugly Chair.....

Months ago, I found this little ugly chair for $4.99.

I liked the carving on the back of the chair, and I had some fabric that I was dying to put onto something, so I decided to take it home with me.


When I went to take off the fabric from the cushion, there were just a TON of staples to remove and I think the fabric that was used was actually a placemat?!

Anyway, when I finally got the placemat off, it revealed an old, stained, yellow cushion underneath.  Obviously, this is why someone tried to cover it, and I guess picked the closest thing they could find...thus, the placemat.

I started by painting the chair with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in a new color that I got, French Linen.  I then "distressed" it a little with the Graphite Color and added some Old White for effect.

Then I worked on putting my lovely little fabric on the cushion

And finally, screwed the cushion back on and.................................

The Ugly Duckling has become a Swan!  It is a really cute little chair and my husband really liked it too so we put it upstairs in our balcony hallway, where it looks just perfect.



Sweet Crafting!

Dee Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment